Support Worker - 35 hours per week
Upload your CV to our website today!
Chailey Heritage Foundation is looking for someone to be a Support Worker to a young man who lives in our residential bungalow 52 weeks per year, and who also attends our school on-site, Monday to Friday, during term time. Someone who is comfortable/has experience of working with physically tall and strong individuals would be helpful, as aspects of the role require physical assistance for this young person.
This is a unique role for Chailey Heritage Foundation, as the successful candidate will be required to attend school with him on occasion, as decided by the Home Manager and dependant on the school calendar, as well as support him when he is resident in the bungalow. The successful candidate will be required to work a 7 hour shift, 2 - 3 weekends per month.
In addition, the Support Worker will be the single point of contact at all multi-disciplinary team meetings, reporting back directly to the residential bungalow Home Manager, so that we always have the right information, at the right time, at all times, to ensure the young person’s wellbeing, safety and development. The successful candidate will adopt person-centred values within the framework of Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) in order to support the provision of best practice and care for him. Training will be provided for this, if the candidate doesn’t have previous experience. There will also be intermittent meetings with the young man’s external clinical team which will support this, and for which the Support Worker will be a vital element, so good communication skills and professional and timely reporting will be an essential part of the role.
Experience of working with people who have complex needs would be an advantage, but we are happy to interview if the candidate is willing to undertake the specific training required to support him: this is essential. This will mostly take place on site, although some may take place externally according to requirements, but reimbursement will be made for any associated costs.
Since this is a unique role, we are happy to consider a combination of support workers, either working part time hours, as well as on a full-time basis. The candidate’s preference will need to be stated on the application.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is set in a beautiful part of the world, but is fairly remote, and although there are trains to Haywards Heath and Lewes, a bus journey would be required to complete the commute, so a car would be preferable for the successful candidate.
As a Support Worker:
- Experience or knowledge of working with people with disabilities
- Paid or unpaid experience as a Support Worker
- Comfortable/has experience of working with physically tall and strong individuals
- NVQ/QCF/Diploma Level 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent, or willing to work towards
- Excellent communication skills
- A willingness to undertake all training needs.
- Be able to work a 7 hour shift, 2 - 3 weekends per month
Support Worker £10.88 (£19,810 p.a.) - £11.37 (£20,689 p.a.) based on 35 hours p.w.
Why join us?
- Up to 7.5% employers contribution to pension
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 23 days rising to 28 days with length of service
- Free DBS & update check
- Up to 7.5% employers contribution to pension
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial advice and a variety of perks (discount vouchers etc)
- Gym Pass
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support & Guidance - You will be guided and supported by a team of dedicated trained staff
- Career Development - we pay the £2000 cost for the relevant NVQ qualifications required to fulfil the role after you’ve passed your probation.
- Split shift allowance of 10%
- Free meals when working on the bungalows
- Excellent Working Hours that provide flexibility - we will work with you to find hours that fit around your life, as our Residential Bungalows have different requirements.
We are extremely pleased to announce that we are now offering a ‘Golden Hello’ of £600 for newly appointed employees for roles that involve working directly with the young people at school, in our residential bungalows or in the community. The £600 will be paid in three payments over twelve months, provided the eligibility criteria is met.
- 1st payment £200 – in first payroll after joining
- 2nd payment £200 – after 6 months on satisfactory completion of probation
- 3rd payment £200 – after 12 months employment
All payments are subject to satisfactory performance. And all subject to PAYE.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. It is an offence to apply for any job in regulated activity with children and vulnerable adults if you are barred from doing so.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria. Chailey Heritage Foundation are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES