Chailey Heritage Foundation is a leading charity dedicated to providing exceptional education and care for children and young adults with complex neurodisabilities, physical disabilities and health needs. Our state-of-the-art facilities and expert staff create a nurturing environment where individuals can thrive, reach their full potential and make a difference to their lives and that of their families.
Do you have experience working with horses? Are you an outdoors person, who is enthusiastic about helping young people with disabilities? If you are, we are looking for people like you!
We are seeking a Riding Volunteer to come and shed some joy for our young people and adults. Our young people and adults really benefit from the time they get with the horses and you could be that person to help.
Volunteers will assist staff undertaking various tasks, including:
- Preparing the horses for each session; grooming, tacking up and warming up if required
- Preparing the outdoor ride area
- Fetching riders from the classroom
- Assisting the Physio/TA with the YP’s sling and hoisting
- Supporting the YP on the horse from the side at ground level
- Engaging the YP in games/activities on the horse
- Lead the horse during sessions, inc, controlling the horse during mount and dismount
- Focus on the goals of the riding session as explained by the Physiotherapist
What you will gain by Volunteering:
- A sense of satisfaction in knowing you are helping others and making a difference
- Enjoyment of meeting a variety of new people
- Working as part of a team
- New skills and experiences
- Opportunity for others to learn and benefit from your skills and experiences
Time Commitment needed:
- We are currently looking for a volunteer to cover the following session(s): Monday’s, 3.30-5.30pm, weekly, term time only
Volunteers will be given an induction and are required to attend an initial mandatory training session that includes Safeguarding, Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Attendant Controlled Power Chair and Riding Training; and any other occasional training/information sessions deemed necessary. Volunteers must also be prepared to undertake regular updating of mandatory training as and when required. You will find all our staff and volunteers very friendly and approachable, and grateful for any assistance you can give.
All volunteering opportunities at Chailey Heritage Foundation will require an enhanced disclosure check by the DBS – this does not mean that you cannot volunteer for us if you have a previous conviction. Chailey Heritage Foundation conforms to all aspects of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
If you have any questions, please contact careers on email@example.com / 01825 724444 ext 709.