Medicines Management Assistant
Salary: £11.15 rising to £11.59 per hour
Application deadline: Wednesday 10 August 2022 at 11.59pm
Apply via CV today
Working 22 hours per week – Part Time/Permanent (working flexibly)
Description of role
We are looking for someone to assist in the delivery of medicines management working closely with the Medicines Management Support (MMS) role, liaising with members of our multidisciplinary team, including the Chailey Clinical Services Residential and School Nursing Team (RSNT) and the Sussex Community NHS Foundation Trust (SCFT) team, to ensure a safe, efficient and cost effective service.
- To support the MMS in the end-to-end stock management, including stock ordering, rotation, monitoring and auditing, to ensure optimum levels of usable stock at all times.
- Assisting in the safe and timely movement of medicine around the site, to YP’s homes, and other locations as required.
- To advise staff when medicine stock is running low and actively follow up, so the re-ordering is completed in a time critical manner.
- Safe disposal of out-of-date medicines and packaging when needed.
- Liaison with parents, carers, the management and SCFT teams across the Foundation to ensure that our young people receive a safe and effective service.
- To use the Electronic Medication Administration Record (eMAR) system to create, amend and maintain precise records following agreed Medicines Standard Operating Procedures (MSOP) guidelines.
- To review data concerning variations in dosing and missed dosages, and inform the relevant groups using accident/incident protocols.
- Provide systems support, such as password resets, for the multidisciplinary team.
- Comply with SCFT’s and the Medicines Management policies, procedures, and guidelines, in particular, CCS/CHF MSOP.
- To support medicines process for the school throughout the year to include the start and end of every term.
Above all else we are looking for those with the following:
- Understanding and abiding by H&S guidelines ensuring others do the same.
- Maintain confidentiality of information regarding children and young adults at all times.
- Maintain excellent communication with Chailey Heritage Clinical Services at all times.
- To develop good working relationships with all members of staff in a multidisciplinary team and with parents and carers of our young people where appropriate
- Complying at all times with Chailey Heritage Foundations policies and procedures including the Code of Conduct.
Why join us?
- Competitive rates of pay starting at £11.15 rising to £11.59 per hour
- Up to 7.5% employers contribution to pension
- Generous holiday entitlement starting at 23 days rising to 28 days with length of service
- Free DBS & update check
- Free access to Employee Assistance Programme which includes financial advice and a variety of perks (discount vouchers etc)
- Gym Pass
- Free on-site parking
- Cycle to work scheme
- Support & Guidance - You will be guided and supported by a team of dedicated trained staff
- Excellent Working Hours that provide flexibility
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. It is an off
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria. Chailey Heritage Foundation are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES