Chailey Heritage Foundation is a leading charity dedicated to providing exceptional education and care for children and young adults with complex neurodisabilities, physical disabilities and health needs. Our state-of-the-art facilities and expert staff create a nurturing environment where individuals can thrive, reach their full potential and make a difference to their lives and that of their families.
An exciting opportunity has arisen in our Education department for a Lunchtime Assistant.
This is an exciting role for Chailey Heritage Foundation, as the lunchtime assistant you have a vital role in helping make a positive difference to children with complex physical disabilities and health needs by assisting with their lunch, personal care and providing stimulating opportunities through a variety of activities. It is hard work, and requires commitment, but it is a hugely fulfilling job and can bring real joy.
MORE ABOUT THE ROLE:
JOB TITLE: Lunchtime Assistant
SALARY: £12ph / £7,290 per annum
HOURS: 13.75 hours per week (11.30am - 2.15pm), Monday to Friday, term time only
As the Lunchtime Assistant you will work under the direct instruction of teaching/supervisory staff/therapists providing general welfare and social care and educational support for pupils with special educational needs within the learning environment
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
Skills and Experience:
- To have good relationship building with both colleagues and young people/ adult
- Be a team player.
- Have a basic understanding of technology, including using a computer with Microsoft packages, printers/photocopiers and any other technology required to do the role.
- Have a basic understanding of Health and Safety
Other useful skills and experience:
- Previous experience working with SEN Children and Adults (desirable)
- Have experience working in a school or social setting or with children.
- Be able to demonstrate an understanding of how children learn through play.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- To facilitate the pupils within the manual handling guidelines.
- With support from supervisory staff, act as an advocate for the pupils, representing their views as appropriate and required, in ways that respect their wishes and opinions.
- Supervise and support pupils always ensuring their safety.
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programs, including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters, communication, mobility.
- Prepare the lunchtime area and clear away afterwards for afternoon activities.
- Assist pupils by serving appropriate amounts of food.
- Assist pupils to take their medication at prescribed times.
- Encourage pupils to interact with each other and adults and engage in activities.
- To assist pupils in those areas of daily living in which they are dependent, these may relate to: washing & dressing, assisting at meal times, manual handling, meeting personal hygiene needs
- Assist pupils to access social and play activities.
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the supervisor / teacher as agreed.
- Be aware of all pupils’ sensory needs, special dietary requirements, and medical needs by seeking assistance where needed.
THE REWARDS GO BEYOND SALARY…
Our comprehensive benefits package includes a diverse range of discount facilities and perks, ensuring that there's something for everyone.
In addition to a competitive salary, we provide access to:
Enhanced Pension Scheme
Cycle to Work scheme.
Employee Assistance Programme
Death in Service benefit
Free tea/coffee/kitchen facilities
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance. It is an offence to apply for any job in regulated activity with children and vulnerable adults if you are barred from doing so.
If you believe this role sounds like you, and you are looking to make a real difference within our organisation, please apply today to be considered. For any enquiries, please contact careers on either firstname.lastname@example.org or via WhatsApp on 07923233178.