Upload your C.V. to our website today!
We are seeking Community Support Worker's who are based in the surrounding area's of North Chailey, Burgess Hill, Crawley, Maresfield & Halland: Full-time & Part time hours available - (up to 37 hours per week)
Chailey Heritage Foundation is a pioneering charity providing education, care and transition planning for young people aged 3-25 with complex physical disabilities and health needs.
In this unique role you will split your time working both here on-site within our vibrant Futures provision – The Hub and out in the community at a young persons home or facilitating access to activities, events or attractions.
No day is the same and as such this role is varied, exciting and highly rewarding.
What Makes Us Different?
- Our Community Support Workers are able to spend longer periods of time with the young adults and therefore do not move from call to call, you may sometimes spend a full day with one young adult.
- You will work with a small group of young people so you can really get to know those that you are supporting.
- Although driving is essential, you will not be expected to spend the entire shift driving from one location to another.
- You will split your time working on-site and out in the community
Chailey Heritage Pathways, part of Chailey Heritage Foundation, offers highly specialist care for children, young people and young adults with physical disabilities and/or sensory impairments and associated health needs.
We provide a flexible way for families to access highly specialist care and support, both at home and in the community, facilitating access to activities, events or attractions.
We are very proud of the warm, caring and professional relationships our staff build with the children and young people and as such, are looking to recruit a new Community Support Worker to widen our reach into the community.
We are based in North Chailey close to Haywards Heath and provide support in the community in Sussex and Surrey.
Day to Day Responsibilities
- Attend to the personal care, social needs and meal support of young people within their own homes.
- Support with accessing the local community to attend appointments or social activities.
- Assist in creating an environment where the client can achieve the greatest possible independence.
- Full, valid driving licence and your own transport is essential. Mileage will be paid at 45p per mile.
- Experience in supporting vulnerable people.
- Understand the importance of treating people with respect to promote independence.
- You will have excellent communication skills, be reliable, flexible, honest and trustworthy.
Why join us?
- Competitive rates of pay for full time hours starting at £21,087.04 rising to £23,780.64 (SCP 5-11)
- Pension scheme
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Comprehensive benefits package (please click here for further details)
- Opportunities to further develop your career via training and development
- Free Onsite parking
- An excellent mileage allowance
We are extremely pleased to announce that we are now offering a ‘Golden Hello’ of £600 for newly appointed employees for roles that involve working directly with the young people at school, in our residential bungalows or in the community. The £600 will be paid in three payments over twelve months, provided the eligibility criteria is met.
- 1st payment £200 – in first payroll after joining
- 2nd payment £200 – after 6 months on satisfactory completion of probation
- 3rd payment £200 – after 12 months employment
All payments are subject to satisfactory performance. And all subject to PAYE.
Chailey Heritage Foundation is committed to the safeguarding and protection of children and young adults. Employment will be subject to the receipt of two satisfactory professional references, an enhanced DBS certificate and occupational health clearance and proof of full, current COVID-19 vaccination for those joining our Social Care service.
We actively encourage people from a variety of backgrounds with different experiences, skills, and stories to join our staff team and influence and develop our working practice. We welcome applications from all sections of the community and will invite for interview all candidates who meet the role criteria. Chailey Heritage Foundation are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender, gender identity, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, and sexual orientation.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES